Weighted-average Translation (WAT) Reset and Balance Transfer
Two new settings for weighted-average translation accounts (WATs) automate data flow. When you enable these features for weighted-average translation accounts, data flows and translates as you would expect. Before you may have managed the need to reset your WAT account with formulas and account references, but now, with a few settings, you can automate that process.
When you select this option for your WAT accounts, the balance accumulates throughout the selected time period. Then at the start of the next period, the balance reverts automatically to zero and starts accumulating again. You choose the time interval. The time intervals available are based on your calendar setup--most commonly month, quarter, and year.
Transfer Balance on Reset
This option becomes available when you enable Reset Balance. With the Transfer Balance on Reset option, the balance that accumulated over the previous period transfers to another account in the next period. You choose the account from the drop-down. There are restrictions for the account that can receive a weighted-average translation balance transfer.
Watch the overview video (2 m 13 s):
Watch the how-to video (2 m 56 s):
Improve the Performance of Modeled Sheets with New Setting
Set a maximum number of rows your modeled sheets display to decrease their load time. If the Excel Interface for Planning or web-based sheet contains more rows than your maximum, your team sees a message encouraging them to use filters.
- The maximum also applies to Cell Explorer contributing rows and dimensions.
Row splits don't count toward the maximum.
From the nav menu, choose Administration, then General Setup. Enter the maximum rows you want your modeled sheets to display at once and save your changes.
- A lower maximum decreases load time. Use filters to see different sets of data.
- A higher maximum lets you see all the data on the sheet without filters, but increases the load time.
Updated Account Import Templates
We've updated the Custom Account and GL Accounts Import templates.
- New fields for the Weighted Average Translation feature.
- Clearer instructions, including revisions to the Possible Values column and the addition of the Requirements and Default column that explains when columns are required and what happens if you leave them blank.