Sandbox Instance Information
A sandbox is a clone of a production instance or a blank non-populated instance. Sandboxes are completely independent instances, so changes in the sandbox will not affect the production environment, and vice versa. A sandbox instance is a tool that you can leverage to test new features or possible changes to your instance without affecting live production instance data.
- Building and testing significant changes to the level structure, accounts, or formula
Developing and validating imports for a new integration
Archiving a clone of your production instance before making major structural changes
A sandbox refresh is a re-clone of a production instance. When we refresh a sandbox, all changes previously made in the sandbox are lost and the sandbox will be an exact replica of the production instance.
Request a Sandbox or Sandbox Refresh
You can submit a refresh request directly to the Account Provisioning team if you already have a sandbox and have refreshes available. If you have used your allotted refreshes or would like to purchase a sandbox, please contact your Customer Success Manager directly or email email@example.com.
Refreshes are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CT and can take between 1 hour and 5 business days to complete. The completion time for a refresh will depend on the availability of our Account Provisioning team and the size of the instance being used for the refresh.
Source Instance Code: The unique code of the instance you want copied to another instance. This instance will not be changed/overwritten.
Instance Code to Refresh: The unique code of the instance you want to refresh. This instance will be overwritten/refreshed with a copy of the Source Instance.
To find the unique code for each instance, go to Administration > General Setup > Code
Refresh date and/or time: If no date or time is provided, we will assume that the refresh can start at the earliest availability of our staff
Administrative user who will receive credentials: Credentials will need to be sent to an administrative user in the instance
The Account Provisioning team will need to confirm the required information before starting or scheduling a refresh.
Submit a Refresh Request
You can use the Account Provisioning form in our Customer Support Ticket Portal to submit a refresh request. Click here to go directly to the form or use the steps below to access the ticket portal from the navigation menu in your instance.
- Go to Support > Submit a Request
- For the Request Type, select Account Provisioning from the dropdown
- For the Provisioning Category, select Sandbox Refresh
Swap Sandbox and Production Instances
It is possible to swap your instances so that the current production instance becomes the sandbox and the current sandbox becomes the production instance.
- You want your sandbox changes copied to production, but you do not want to do a production refresh and lose the current production data.
Steps to swap instances:
- Log into the current production instance and change all of the logins from @company.com to something like @company_sandbox.com.
- Log into the sandbox instance and change all of the logins from @companysandbox.com to @company.com.
- (Optional) You could log back into the original instance and change the logins from company_sandbox.com to companysandbox.com if that domain is preferred.
- In each instance, go to Administration > General Setup and update the instance names accordingly.
- Contact the Account Provisioning team to let us know the change has been made so that we can update our internal records.