Currency is both a Workbook property as well as an element. When Currency is an element, it appears in the Review tab like any other element. When it is a Workbook Property default, it appears italicized in the Review tab. You can change the property defaults and you can also add currency elements to filters, columns, rows, or cells to override the properties. Currency defaults and elements follow the precedence rules.
Currency Workbook Defaults
You have two currency default options: Level Currency and Corporate Currency.
- The report uses the currency associated with the Organization element.
- If you don't add an Organization element to the report, the report uses your default Organization level and the currency that comes along with it.
- If you add an Organization element, the report adds the Currency with it.
- The report uses the currency associated with the corporate headquarters.
- If you add Organization levels to the report, the data continues to display the same currency.
Change the Currency Default
- Click Workbook Properties > Currency.
- Select whether you want the report to use Level currency or Corporate currency.
- Click OK.
If you add a currency element to any part of the report, the report displays the currency you added and overrides the default. See Understand Currency Elements. See Understand Currency Elements.