Learn how to use the search functions in Adaptive Planning sheets. Within your sheet, you can search:
- The entire sheet for words and numbers.
- Dropdown values in modeled and standard sheets.
- Versions in the version dropdown.
- Dimension values in cube sheets.
Before You Begin
Search the Entire Sheet
Works for every sheet.
This function finds any match displayed on the sheet in row headers, or in cells. It does not find column headers or values in dropdowns that haven't been selected.
- In the search field, enter any word, portion of a word, or any number.
- Click the magnifying glass or press enter.
- Use the up and down arrows to the next match.
Search Model and Standard Sheet Dropdown Menus
Works on modeled and standard sheets.
For the 1 levels/account dropdown in the toolbar and 2 any cell dropdown:
- Click the dropdown in arrow.
- Enter any word or portion of a word and click the magnifying glass.
- The search tab shows all the matching results. Click one to select it.
Works for all sheets.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the version dropdown.
- Enter any word or portion of a word.
- Click the magnifying glass to find a match and click it again to find the next match.
Search Cube Sheet Dimensions
Cube sheet dimensions may be on the sheet (in rows or columns) or they can be lined up as filters.
- To find dimension values listed in rows, use the search field in the toolbar to search the entire sheet (see above).
- To find dimension values within dimension filters, click the dropdown arrow of the dimension filter. The function works just like the version search (see above).
- The search functions don't find column headers.