Connect to Adaptive Server
When you connect to the Adaptive server, you can access Adaptive sheets to open in Excel, refresh your Excel data with changes others may have submitted since your last connection, and submit changes you've made in Excel to the Adaptive server.
- Launch Excel.
- Click the Planning tab and Log In .
- Enter your username and password and click Submit. Once you are connected, you'll see the Planning pane. Log In changes to Log Out .
The data from the Adaptive server will load into your Excel sheet. Updates you make through Excel are not uploaded to the server until you click Refresh .
Connect to Adaptive Server through OfficeConnect
If you have logged in to OfficeConnect, you are automatically logged in to Excel Interface for Planning.
- From the Start menu, find Adaptive OfficeConnect and select OfficeConnect for Excel.
- Enter your username and password and click Submit. The Planning tab and OfficeConnect tab are displayed next to each other.
- Click the Planning tab and notice you're already logged in.
You now have access to both Planning and Reporting and you can switch between the two of them by clicking Switch to Planning or Switch to Reporting from the Reporting and Planning panes respectively.
Switch Between Planning and Reporting
To use Reporting and Planning at the same time within the same workbook, you must load the data on separate sheets:
- Connect to Adaptive through OfficeConnect.
- From the worksheet, click the Switch to Planning link on the Planning pane and load planning data into the sheet.
- Add a new sheet to the workbook. On the new sheet, the link appears again in the Planning pane
- Click the Switch to Reporting link and start building reports on the second sheet.
Now you can find and enter data on the first sheet for planning and build reports on the second sheet.
Work offline within an Excel sheet on your local computer:
- Launch Excel.
- Connect to Adaptive.
- From the Planning pane, find the sheet to view or update and select the appropriate level and version. If all the cells are gray and uneditable, check that you selected a version and level that you have permission to edit.
- Save the sheet to your computer.
- Click Log Out to disconnect from Adaptive.
You can enter data and save your work offline. Once you are logged out, the Planning pane and the tools in the Planning tab ribbon are unavailable. You can't access other Adaptive sheets, change levels or versions, or refresh and submit your work until you log in again.