This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
Can I import formulas to my accounts?
Formulas can be imported to the following:
- Metric Accounts (through the Structure Import functionality)
- Timespan element on a Modeled Sheet
- Standard Cube and Assumption Cube Accounts
Formulas cannot be imported to the following:
- GL accounts and Custom accounts on a Standard sheet
- Modeled and Calculated Cube Accounts (formulas must be written on the respective sheets)
To import formulas to the Modeled Sheet, Timespan on a modeled Sheet, or Standard or Custom accounts in a Cube Sheet, please see the instructions below:
1. Download the import template.
2. In the Timespan of the template, place your formula. For example, let's say we want the formula acct.Personnel.Salary in the Timespan of the modeled sheet. The formula in the import template would be "Acct.Personnel.Salary". You do not need to include "=". This is also true for the Cube Sheet accounts.