What are the required fields in the Transaction Field Definition Editor and what are the types of fields available? Also, what effects do Structural Changes have on Transactions?
In the Transaction Field Definition Editor, which can be accessed by going to Admin> Define Transactions, Administrators can specify a set of fields for details on Transactions. To create a field, a user will drag a field from the field selector panel (left) and drop it onto the fields panel (right). There are some required fields that will always be exist in the fields panel and cannot be removed; however users are able to change the names of the required fields.
The following fields are required in a Transaction Definition:
- Posting Date - represents the date on which the transaction is posted to the GL
- Transaction Amount - the amount for a line item in a transaction
- Account - the account in Adaptive Planning that this transaction or the line item belongs to (Import Account Mappings are used during import)
- Level - the level in Adaptive Planning that this transaction or the line item belongs to (Import Level Mapping are used during import)
- Transaction Type - text selector field which will allow customers to specify the type of the transaction like
Other types of fields available:
- Text Selector
- Custom Dimension (Uses Import Dimension Mappings)
- Text (limit of 1000 characters)
Effects of Structural Changes on Transactions:
- Deleting an Account- The associated Transactions will be deleted unless the deleted account is the last child account under a parent. If the account is the last child account, the transactions will roll into the parent in the same way that the data in the deleted account will roll into the parent.
- Adding a Child Account - If a non-parent account has a child added under it, the transactions will roll down to the new child account.
- Deleting a Level - All associated Transactions will be deleted.
- Dimensions used on Transactions will show as in use and cannot be deleted.
- Dimension values will not be shown as in use even if they are being used in the Transaction Model and there are transactions associated with them. If the Dimension value is deleted, the following will occur:
- If the dimension value does not have a parent (rolls up to Dimension), then deleting the the dimension value field for those transactions will be set to blank.
- If the dimension value has a parent other than the root dimension, all of the transactions will then be tagged with the parent value
- Level Dimensions do not apply to Transactions unless those Dimensions are included in the Transactions Definition Editor and the values are included in the import.
- Transactions are not associated with any specific Version in a model; however transactions can exist in a model only in the same date range as are present in the Actuals Version.
- Moving the start of version forward on the Actuals will remove any Transactions prior to the new start date.
- Move the end of version backward on the Actuals will remove any Transactions after the new end date.