This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
Is there a way to export all of the formulas in my model at once?
With current functionality, there is not a single report or export that can be run to export all formulas in your model at one time. However, you can get a snapshot of formulas by using the following practices:
GL and Custom Accounts
- Standard Accounts - In a sheet, select a group of cells and cut and paste into Excel – this will bring over the formulas rather than the data. Note that formulas can vary by Version and Level, there is no single location that has all of the GL/Custom formulas.
- Linked Accounts – Navigate to Modeling > GL or Custom Accounts > select Printable View – this shows the Modeled or Cube account sources for the GL/Custom accounts.
- Go to Modeling > Metric Accounts > select Printable View – the Excel file will show the formulas for all Metric accounts.
- Display the sheet so all accounts display as rows. Select the calculated accounts and cut and paste into Excel. This will bring over the formulas rather than the data.
- Display the modeled accounts in a standard sheet. Select the accounts and cut and paste into Excel. This will bring over the formulas rather than the data.