To make a CCDS available in the UI, a combination of users work through the following steps:
- IT sets up a data source that extracts information from the CCDS Data Source.
- The extracted information moves to the staging area.
- The CCDS is not available in the Data Designer.
- Users will NOT be able to access the data in the Tables to Import section.
- The IT user sets up a loader for filtering and cleaning the data.
- The Adapter Connector team user creates tasks to combine data sources and loaders to import appropriately filtered and scrubbed data.
- The Adapter Connector team user optionally grants edit and launch permissions to data analysts, as well as other users and roles, for data sources, loaders and tasks.
- The data analyst may then run tasks on demand, or use the scheduler to run tasks automatically.